Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Looking Back

Today in class we discussed values and our morals.  We were to answer the question, if you were to die today what accomplishments would you be proud of and what would you be disappointed at for not accomplishing.  We also had to write our own obituary. (Creepy, I know!!) 

We all came to the conclusion that if we would have known that we were going to die "today" we would not have joined the LPN to RN nursing program, but instead we would have just stopped living this crazy life and hold our children.  We all feel guilty, including myself, for putting our children on the back burner while we are at class, in clinicals, studying, and working. 

This class made me ache for my little Maddie.... more than usual.  I remember holding and snuggling her, rocking her while we read a book.  Now she plays while mommy studies or is at Grandmas while I am at work.  I need to pause and realize that yes, school is important, but my little girl is growing up and I can not get these years back!!


Holding Maddie for the first time, April 2005




Someone captured Maddie talking to me on the phone one evening while I was at work!









1 comment:

  1. Oh Stacy...I know how hard you struggle with juggling everything. While it may seem like you are putting Maddie on the back burner, know that in reality you aren't. You are giving 1000% towards being the best mom you can be...and you amaze me.
    Remember last December when you said you had one year left? Well, 7 months have gone by...only 5 to go. You CAN do it. And Maddie is only going to remember your sacrificial love for her...what more could a child ask for?

    ReplyDelete